If you are injured at work

Attn: All MC on-site employees

Please refer to the below information regarding the procedure for if you get injured on site.

If you have any issues or concerns please contact the Operations team on 03 9661 0500.

1. Seek medical treatment on site

The most important thing to do if you have a work-related injury or illness is to seek appropriate medical treatment with the first aid officer on your site.

2. Tell your employer

You should report any work-related injury or illness to your employer as soon as possible. If you (or someone on your behalf) haven’t notified your employer in writing within 30 days of becoming aware of the injury, you may not be entitled to compensation. The easiest way is to record the details of your injury in the Register of Injuries at your workplace or, if you can’t access this register, you need to provide your employer written details of the incident and your injuries.

3. Fill in and lodge a claim form

You must complete and lodge an approved claim form from the relevant Workcover authority in your state if you want to claim entitlements for a work-related injury or illness. By law, your employer can’t refuse your claim, and can’t dismiss you for making one.

Worker’s Injury Claim Forms for claiming weekly payments and treatment expenses can be downloaded from the Workcover authority’s website, branches or your employer’s workplace agent.

If you are unable to perform your normal duties, you’ll need a Certificate of Capacity from your medical practitioner. Give the completed Certificate of Capacity and your Workers Injury Claim Form to your employer as soon as you can.

Recent employee updates

Employee Update 1 |  MC Labour policy on timesheet submission